Thursday, July 8, 2010

Culinary Disaster!

I have a confession to make......

I'm a culinary disaster. Really, I am. Somehow, in my teenage years, I never grasped the whole cooking thing. I accredit this to the fact that sports were the center of my middle and high school world. I was too busy playing basketball, volleyball, soccer, running and rowing, to pay any attention to anything having to do with the kitchen, unless it was to make myself a grilled cheese sandwich because my mom wouldn't at the moment..... (I really wasn't a spoiled brat, I promise). Thus, I feel as though my cooking growth was stunted, or rather, never really began.


And so, friends, almost two years into my marriage, I have decided that I will make a really true, honest effort, to perfect my non-existent talent. And my journey begins here. I'm going to utilize this blog to keep you up to date on my culinary adventures, as well as my crafting adventures. Because I believe that they are very closely related. All creating something, and helping to make my home a better place.


So come with me as I embark on this new journey!

And as a side note and disclaimer: my husband is what I like to call a "food snob." Or what some others like to call a "foodie." Thanks to his mother, my husband was spoiled with amazing food as an adolescent. I don't think that there's anything that she makes that isn't amazing. And so, I have her standards to live up to. Which gives me an idea: after each meal that I make, I am going to ask for his rating, on a scale of 1-5, 5 being the best, and also to get his opinion on what he thinks could make it better. For next time, if there is a next time.
One more disclaimer: Hubby is not a sweets connoisseur. Take it or leave it for him. Needless to say, I am a little bit more apprehensive to ask his opinion on these types of things. However, in the spirit of this blog, I will anyway. And if he rates it a 5*, you will know that it truly was amazing!


Bon apetit!


Tonight, I made this






And these



Hubbies Rating:
Southwest Egg Rolls: 1.5*'s
Change: more spices; green peppers, more black pepper, salsa (in addition to avocado sauce). Sauce had too much ranch and maybe try sour cream in it next time. And chunkier chicken.
Cookies: 3.7 *'s, (he says, probably higher if you like chocolate)
Change: a little bit less cocoa and add macadamia nuts or walnuts. (quote: "whole walnuts would have been amazing in that!)

No comments:

Post a Comment